[Descargable] PCM Village : DB 1950s

Página 1 de 2. 1, 2  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

[Descargable] PCM Village : DB 1950s

Mensaje por Jésus de Nazareth el Jue 10 Mar - 11:23

Hola todos !

Me llamo Jésus y con el équipo de mi sitio PCM Village (="PCM Pueblo", en Español), habiamos hecho una basa de datos sobre el tema de los años cincuenta en ciclismo.

Disculpeme, el Castellano fue mi primer idioma en classe pero no he hablado Español desde hace cuatro años...

Entonces, yo voy a hacer la presentaciòn en Inglés, pero podéis contestar en Español, yo puedo comprender  Smile

Última edición por Jésus de Nazareth el Jue 10 Mar - 11:44, editado 1 vez
Jésus de Nazareth
Ciclista semiprofesional
Ciclista semiprofesional

Ver perfil de usuario

Re: [Descargable] PCM Village : DB 1950s

Mensaje por Jésus de Nazareth el Jue 10 Mar - 11:24

banana  Para Descargar  banana

Arrow El baso de de datos (.cdb) : https://mega.nz/#!z0QzWSxR!kXKLiinEiRXlul3PgjME91wYUlNm1xHT7ZWFL_cMeEw
(to be unzipped in Documents\Pro Cycling Manager 2015\Mod\Database)

Arrow El pack de jerseys : https://mega.nz/#!LsZC2J5R!6Gp7yhuKJQqjHDmwGQ6zvHCcygiz-kQXOSy38IFgxUM
(o be unzipped in Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pro Cycling Manager 2015

Arrow Here is also a link for a 50s-style TOur de France, but it is only a v1 made with existing stages (v1 made by el excellente Joanito85) : https://mega.nz/#!vgowXTID!uSA3dtb-ZFVUxdDKJMOjq4AVy99IjVJzlzbyju3dFUU
Profiles of the race here : http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/32/76/16/tdf5010.jpg

Última edición por Jésus de Nazareth el Jue 10 Mar - 11:40, editado 2 veces
Jésus de Nazareth
Ciclista semiprofesional
Ciclista semiprofesional

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje por Jésus de Nazareth el Jue 10 Mar - 11:24

banana Description of the Database  banana

A/ Why are the 1950s a golden age of road cycling  Question

-       Legendary teams : Bianchi, Mercier, Peugeot, Alcyon (a team that was so strong back in the 20s that the Tour de France organizers decided to implement national teams instead of brands!), Faema and many others…

-       Legendary champions: Fausto Coppi, Louison Bobet, Ferdi Kübler, Hugo Koblet, Rik Van Steenbergen, André Darrigade, Federio Bahamontes, Charly Gaul, Jean Robic, Gastone Nencini, Jacques Anquetil, Fiorenzo Magni, etc…

-       Legendary personalities: more than good riders with exceptional results, many of the riders of the 50s were and are still well known for their personality. For instance, we still remember some national rivalries like Fausto Coppi (“new generation”, dietetics, scientific training) vs Gino Bartali (old, conservative and traditional Italy from the 30s and 40s), Louison Bobet (modern France of the “Glorious Thirty”, dietetics, health weaknesses) vs Jean Robic (conservative France, very hard and conservative training, extremely tough), or Hugo Koblet (kind of a play-boy and sex-symbol, very elegant and sophisticated) vs Ferdi Kübler (tough, not that seductive, and sceaming out of pain while riding his bike).

-       Legendary race scenarios, driven by these exceptional riders. Tour de France leaders could launch major attacks a hundred kilometers before the finish line in the mountain stages, or they could also attack on the flat stages where no sprinter team was able to “lock” the race.

B/ How to reproduce the crazy race situations of the 1950s  Question

-       Very strict and tough rating of the rider. Strict ratings helps to differentiate the big leaders with their gregarious, so that the big battles can start far enough from the finish lines.

-       6 riders per team only. It avoids that big teams “lock” the race and allows more successful breakaways.

-       Low sprint stats. In the 1950s there was no such specialized sprinters as there are nowadays. Even though there were some sprinters, they were often quite good at hill-climbing and were not as dominative in the flat stages as they are today.

C/ How to rate the 1950s riders  Question

-       Systematical, and very methodical research within a 50-races pool of results. For instance, the results of all the ITT of the Tour de France and of the Chrono des Nations from 1947 to were used systematically to rate the ITT stat of the riders in the Database.

-       Systematical cross-checking of the data available on the riders, by “Name+Surname” Google research.

-       Books, internet biographies and results were used to estimate the missing marks.

D/ Which period of time is covered by the DB  Question

-       Focus on 1950-1959…

-       … but including 1947-1950 in a smaller extent

For instance, riders who were excellent only before 1950 can be in the DB, but their stats are just “okay” and not “excellent”.

E/ Why is this pack a “best of”  Question

-       The best/most famous riders were selected, as well as ...
-       The best/most famous teams
Only 120 riders are in the DB, which reveals how selective was the riders choice!

F/ Why is it just a “v1”  Question

-       At PCM Village, we wanted first to focus on the most important: the best riders. Races, equipment, banners, etc… are not the core of the game and could slow down the project.

-       However are currently studying the possibility to add further things to the pack, such as 1950s races

-       For the moment, a 1950s-style Tour de France is available, but it is also a v1

Última edición por Jésus de Nazareth el Jue 10 Mar - 11:42, editado 2 veces
Jésus de Nazareth
Ciclista semiprofesional
Ciclista semiprofesional

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje por Jésus de Nazareth el Jue 10 Mar - 11:32

banana Imagenes banana

Última edición por Jésus de Nazareth el Jue 10 Mar - 11:43, editado 2 veces
Jésus de Nazareth
Ciclista semiprofesional
Ciclista semiprofesional

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje por Sage Cb. el Jue 10 Mar - 11:39

This is a so awesome database! You have added a lot of details, and it made me just eager to try that 50's long range-flat attacks matrix! Shocked

Looking forward for the download, congrats on the good work Very Happy

________________________________________________________________________________

~Miau.
Sage Cb.
Líder del equipo
Líder del equipo

Ciclista favorito : Alberto Contador

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje por Jésus de Nazareth el Jue 10 Mar - 11:56

@Sage Cb. escribió:This is a so awesome database! , [...] and it made me just eager to try that 50's long range-flat attacks matrix! Shocked Looking forward for the download, congrats on the good work Very Happy

Thank you very much for your message, it is always a pleasure to meet people who are also interested in the 1950s cycling Very Happy I hope you will enjoy the DB and please do not hesitate to share your feedbacks, questions, and remarks !  Smile
I will try my best to come here more often but if I forget ( Embarassed ) you can also reach me on the PCM Village topic here : http://www.pcmvillage.net/t2402p90-pack-db-50s-v1-par-pcm-village Wink

@Sage Cb. escribió:You have added a lot of details

Wel, muchas gracias andl thank you very much  but... Actually we did not add a lot of details Embarassed
It is just a .cdb + a pack of jerseys. The .cdb was a lot of very methodic work but for this v1 of the database, our priority was to finish up a database that could be used to play with. We are thinking about further improvements such as a borders pack for instance. And we would like to add caps instead of helmets and new vintage bikes. But unfortunately, it is hard to find people who would be able to do that !  :no:

Any help from PCM Spain would be most welcome, ad PCM Village and PCM Spain are already partner-sites  Smile
(I created PCM Village 3 years ago wth anthomenchov, ContaShack and iveliosdu12)
Jésus de Nazareth
Ciclista semiprofesional
Ciclista semiprofesional

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje por Sage Cb. el Jue 10 Mar - 23:13

When I talked about details, I was referring to things like the personalities comparision than graphics, or variants or something like that. I take into account that kind of work more than the raw matrix or the size in gigabytes, and I'm sure you have given every cyclist in the DB their own style of riding Very Happy

I can help you with some of the graphics if you need them, the only problem being that I have to get some spare time before Razz

A pleasure to meet you. I'll follow your work for sure Wink

EDIT: I think you can use the predefined cap instead of the helmets editing that in the STA_equipment_model/template tables. I've never tried though. Maybe this thread could be useful for that: http://www.pcmspain.com/t1020-ayuda-db ok

________________________________________________________________________________

~Miau.
Sage Cb.
Líder del equipo
Líder del equipo

Ciclista favorito : Alberto Contador

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje por Jésus de Nazareth el Vie 11 Mar - 0:18

Thank you so much for your message ! I was thinking about doing that with the caps, yes Smile
(and congratulations for your very good English by the way ok )
Jésus de Nazareth
Ciclista semiprofesional
Ciclista semiprofesional

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje por Barto72 el Vie 11 Mar - 11:52

Muy buen aporte, me encanta lo de las gorras Wink
La voy a usar seguro para recordar aquel ciclismo de auténticos gigantes del pedal que era en los años 50.

Barto72
Cazaetapas
Cazaetapas

Ciclista favorito : Actual: Vincenzo Nibali - Histórico: Paolo Bettini.

Ver perfil de usuario

Mensaje por Jésus de Nazareth el Sáb 12 Mar - 18:01

Muchas gracias Barto Very Happy

Podéis ver también que Federico Bahamontes ( )  tiene un papel importante en la base de datos con su presencia muy puesta de relieve en la imagen de introducción :

Jésus de Nazareth
Ciclista semiprofesional
Ciclista semiprofesional

Ver perfil de usuario

Página 1 de 2. 1, 2  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba